Indication of treatment is functional, social, and cosmetic.
- urinary stream is not straight/spray of urine/soiling of cloths
- sexual gratification and or infertly(due to functional region) in adult life
- Male child has difficulty in urination in standing position, if he does than his cloths become soil.
- Hypospadias is a congenital abnormality of the male external genitalia wherein the external urethral meatus is found to be abnormal position, may be on the shaft of the penis, the scrotum or the perineum.
- This is accompanied by abnormal curvature of the penis in around 15% of cases, inguinal hernias in 9% of cases and undescended testes in 9% of cases.